Please find attached a letter by Joan Grimbert, President of the IAS-NAB, that will provide some updates about the 2014 IAS congress. Anyone interested, drop me a line.
Enjoy the rest of your evening
All My Best,
We hope you are looking forward as much as we are to the XXIVth Congress of the International Arthurian Society in Bucharest on July 20-27, 2014! Since some of you have been writing with questions concerning matters that have not previously been addressed on the congress site, we have asked the organizers for more detailed information. Some of this information was just posted on the site, which you should check frequently:
I would like to emphasize the following points:
1. Proposals: Proposals for papers, round tables, or special sessions should be submitted as soon as possible, although the deadline is 15 January 2014.
2. Registration: Starting on 1 February, you will see instructions on the congress site for registering. You will be able to pay through paypal, rather than going to the expense of a wire transfer.
3. Accommodations: A few hotels have been selected as the primary “congress” hotels, with prices from 30 to 100 euros, but the exact prices cannot be negotiated until after the organizers know how many people are likely to attend. Please register as soon as possible (after 1 February), and stay tuned!
4. Excursions: These have already been selected and are listed on the website.
5. Program: The list of plenary speakers is on the congress site. After the holidays, the organizers will make up a preliminary program that will include the plenary sessions, the various papers, the meetings of the international bureau and the national branches, the banquet, and the excursion days. For those of you who are making your travel plans early, know that the sessions of papers will not begin until July 21st. The first day of the congress, Sunday, July 20, will be reserved for the opening reception and possibly a plenary paper.
Voilà! We hope to see you in May at the IAS-NAB business meeting, reception, and paper sessions.
With best wishes for the holidays and the new year!